SUSTAINABLE RETAILING AT GYLE
We’re proud to have so many sustainability-focused brands with us at Gyle. Here’s a bit about what they’re doing to reduce their environmental impact on the planet.
Schuh believe in preserving the environment for current and future generations. At schuh, this means; conserving energy, minimising waste, sourcing sustainable goods and services wherever possible and promoting a business culture that encourages re-use and recycling.
We’re proud to be a Carbon Neutral organisation, meaning that we completely offset all of our emissions. We are always looking for ways to further reduce our emissions too and are targeting a 70% reduction in our measured carbon emissions by 2022.
Holland & Barrett don’t just want to be good for customers, they want to be good for the planet too. That’s why in 2007 they launched the Plan-it Green project to ensure that they are environmentally responsible retailers, so it’s no surprise that they have a long list of sustainability credentials:
- Introduced an entire range of toiletries free from parabens and sodium lauryl sulphates
- Source over 95% of products from suppliers in the UK to considerably reduce the need for sea and air freight
- Carbon offsetting initiatives with the Carbon Trust and switched to renewable materials for all advertising materials
- All products are free from plastic microbeads which have been found to cause harm to the oceans and the marine life that live there.
In 2017, The Body Shop found a new home with other like-minded souls at Natura and Aesop and are now a part of Natura&Co, a global cosmetics group committed to cruelty-free beauty and ethical business.
Return your The Body Shop empty plastic bottles, tubs, tubes and pots in store so they can be repurposed into new items like park benches and playgrounds!
The Body Shop are committed to making a difference to the planet and to people by:
- Sustainably sourcing ingredients
- Promoting fair trade with suppliers
- Always being against animal testing
- Championing ethical beauty
Our commitment to sustainability
- Our responsible use of energy
- Minimization of waste and identification of recycling and reuse solutions
- Partnerships with responsible suppliers
- Providing more sustainable packaging and products
We are committed to the responsible use of energy through the implementation of best practices, and through strategic partnerships focused towards achieving global energy conservation practices.
Through waste minimization, we are increasing our efforts in recycling and reuse. We consider this to be the process of reworking a given product beyond its intended use or producing a new product from a recyclable material. We are proud to partner with companies that recognize the importance of cleaner manufacturing, recycling, solid waste reduction and other eco-friendly innovations. We are developing partnerships with suppliers based on an open dialogue that fosters improvements in the sustainability of our products, packaging and services.
are designing our packaging in order to use more recyclable materials and to reduce the impact of our packaging on the environment.
As part of our Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives, we continue to leverage our expertise to provide the quality and experience consumers expect while making continuous improvements throughout the entire product life cycle.
As global sustainability and environmental awareness grows within our culture, we will do our part to meet the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet theirs.