Hays Travel | Sales Consultant, FT (37.5 hours).
|Sales Consultant – Edinburgh Gyle|
|Job Title: Sales Consultant
Hours: 37.5 hours per week on a rota basis (part time hours available)
We are looking for experienced travel consultants (minimum of 2 years in a travel agency) to join our successful team. You will have excellent product knowledge, questioning and listening skills to help our customers plan, choose and successfully book their holidays.
Working as part of a team you will drive business through social media, events and maintaining relationships with existing customers.
Our customers are at the forefront of everything we do so exceptional customer service experience is required.
• Build and maintain relationships with customers
• Identifying and meet customers’ needs
• Use social media to promote offers, generating customer engagement and sales leads
• Participating in promotional events and activities to increase exposure of the branch
• Achieving individual and team sales targets
• Assisting with the day-to-day operation of the branch
• Willingness to participate and deliver training appropriate to own development
• Effectively performing administrative duties and follow processes accurately
• Ability to work towards individual travel consultant targets and team sales targets
• Excellent communication skills and customer service experience
• Good accuracy and numerical skills
• Enthusiasm and positive attitude with a commitment to contribute to the growth of the business
• Competent IT Skills
Qualifications / Experience Required
• 2 years’ experience as a Travel Consultant
• A proven sales record
• Passionate about travel and tourism
• Excellent travel product knowledge with a good working knowledge of tour operator systems
• Good sales and presentation skills
• Customer focussed
• Problem solving
• Team player
• Good organisational and time-management skills
• Excellent communication skills
• A recognised travel qualification
Our SMILE values are embedded in to our company. You will ensure that the Hays Travel values are demonstrated at all times and that others follow this standard. You will show your ability to demonstrate, understand and apply our values in the workplace.
To undertake any other duties that may fall into the job criteria
To conform with all company policies and procedures including health and safety
To treat all employees, customers and suppliers with dignity and respect
This job description is not intended as an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities of the post but simply reflects the key areas involved
If you are looking for a new challenge and feel you have the relevant experience then we’d love to hear from you!
To apply please drop your CV into store or apply online.